Thursday, December 6, 2012

Where did we shop?

*Ubud Art Market
 
This market place was listed on Day 2 in our itinerary, but we did not make it on time because it closed at 18:00 everyday. We were there, watching the merchants busy closing their stores for the day and we thought it was a pity that we had missed it. I lied. I was the only one feeling miserable, why would the boys miss shopping? 
 
In this market, you can find traditional and contemporary crafting which are priced relatively cheap. Items sold in this place are mostly souvenirs like slippers, wooden statues, bags, clothes, paintings and a lot more. So please plan your timing well at every stop because your chauffeur will not rush you at all. You do not want to miss this opportunity to shop, do you?
 
Since we had missed out the fun at Ubud Art Market, we actually found out on the last night of our stay, that about 150m away from our hotel, there was this lane filled with shops of goodies. Obviously, you would not have believe our luck. Well again, I lied. I was the only who felt lucky to discover this "treasure trove". Suddenly, just as things reached its fever pitch, a distinct and persistant growl issued from my poor stomach; it seemed like days of over-indulgences has taken its toils on my tummy. I am not ashamed to admit letting out an almighty scream and making a desperate rush to find the nearest washroom. Fortunately, our hotel was only 150m away, wheww... Sadly though, after my bowels had finally calmed themselves, my children were all dead tired (and screaming for respite) and my mood for shopping had already exhausted itself in wave of agony...
 
Frankly, there was nothing in particular that I would like to buy. So, I was happy with my fridge magnet and a few little souvenirs. Those items were easily found at shops, which are at most places of interest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment